Reminisce

8709 Special | iZune

|
So last week my Phillips mp3 player died. I went to remove it from its AC Adapter and its LCD screen politely read: Battery Low. The last words before my beloved companion of three years perished. In search of a replacement, I temporarily kicked it like a true 90skd and rocked my Sony Walkman compact disc player. I actually enjoyed the AA batteries and constant contemplation of how to travel with the robust object in my pants pocket. *pause* Any who I had two choices: succumb to the mores of society and become an iSlave to the iPod; or, remain on my own path and go for something different. I opted for a smaller palyer which meant less space. I honestly could not downgrade from 30GB (easily 2000 songs) to a mere 4 or 8. I looked toward the next best thing - the lesser Zune. So maybe it isn't as pop culturally salient as its counterpart, but it gets the job done. Its syncing process is quite simple and much faster than my previous hardware. And the whole wireless sharing option is a plus; now I just need to find a fellow Zuner, but I digress. Downloading the Zune software, similar to Apple's iTunes, was easy. And it transferred all my music from my hard drive. I remember downloading iTunes and having to re-rip all my music from cds as it only recognized the mp3 files. I also received a 2-year warranty and a 14-day trial period to access the Marketplace to purchase music and share with others. I'd say I'm pretty satisfied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment